If you want to get up close and personal with our incredible marine life then our offshore snorkelling and scuba diving experiences are perfect for you! Explore the offshore reefs of our Island on a guided snorkelling expedition, or if diving is your passion, the stunning waters of Sir Bani Yas Bay are the ideal place to come face-to-face with some of Arabia’s beautiful, exotic sea life. The famously iconic Arabic fish, the Hammour, is generally spotted along with a variety of small and colourful fish, sea urchins and many more; so keep your eyes peeled!
Cancellation policy: Less than 48hours is full payment, less than 72hours-48hours is 50% payment because we are holding a space that others may have been able to take. Refund charge: There is a handling fee of Dhs50 for any authorised refund.
Suitable for: Ages 10 and above. You must be a confident swimmer in deep water to participate in snorkelling.
Duration: 1-1.5 hours.
Group size: Up to 10 people may participate in this activity at one time.
What to bring: Swimsuit, towel, sandals, sunscreen, hat and waterproof items. Please note that the Desert Islands Watersports Centre will not be responsible for your personal belongings.
Where it is: The location for beach snorkelling is on the eastern beach of the island. Depending on weather, tides and currents, the guide will decide whether to commence with the activity. Snorkelling by boat will take us to a nearby Gasha Island across the Stewart Channel to a beautiful shipwreck for snorkelling. Seabirds can be encountered on this trip too.
- PADI programmes (from beginners to instructor level)
- PADI Specialty Courses (wreck diver, deep diver, night diver, enriched air diver, digital underwater photography)
- PADI Bubble Maker birthday parties – make a splash with children (8 years old and older)
- Youth programmes - Bubble Makers, Seal Team, Jr Open Water Diver, Jr Advance Open Water, Jr Rescue Diver, Jr Master Scuba Diver
- Discover Scuba
- Scuba diving trips (suitable for all levels)
- Equipment hire (including underwater Go Pro hire)
- Available Enriched Air diving EAN32 80cuft cylinders (must be EAN certified or can take the Discover Enriched Air experience)
- Emergency First Response programmes
- PADI Swim School programmes
Snorkelling and diving expeditions can be booked directly with the Desert Islands Watersports Centre
Contact us on +971(2)801 5429 or click here to email us
Payment methods: Interested activity fee can be charged directly to your room or it can be paid to the water sports centre.